Events and Sales Coordinator
Location: Washington, D.C. Area
Who we are and what we do:
Chippin is a fast-paced, eco-friendly pet nutrition startup searching for enthusiastic environmentalists and animal lovers. Apply today to join our dynamic team working with the latest trends in pet nutrition, sustainability, and on the ground sales & events.
The Events and Sales Coordinator will work directly with the Marketing Manager to build and nourish local events and retail partnerships. A successful candidate will be an organized and enthusiastic self-starter that enjoys building relationships. Candidates must love dogs and be comfortable engaging people directly to drive sales.
The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and attending in-person sales events, and developing and nourishing wholesale and retail partner relationships. The Coordinator will
- Sell Chippin’s planet friendly treats & dog food at local farmers markets, events, dog parks, community pop-ups.
- Host treat sampling events at local retail partners to build awareness and drive sales.
- Actively seek new sales and event opportunities across territory.
- Build brand awareness through active community engagement.
- Work with wholesale retailers to bring our treats into their store.
- Bring new ideas, innovations, and opportunities to the Chippin team to further our mission to reduce the eco pawprint!
- Eagerness to learn and work with a growing team!
- Experience working with or interacting with dogs;
- Prior experience in marketing and sales, 2+ years preferred;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Ability to think strategically and creatively: analyze, synthesize, recommend and take action;
- Experience planning events;
- Experience developing creative campaign concepts and managing execution;
- Desire to innovate and stay ahead of performance marketing trends;
- Ability to work autonomously while being resourceful and results-driven;
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle to move necessary equipment; and
- Comfortable lifting and carrying 25+ pounds.
Hours, Fees & Payments
The Events and Sales Coordinator role is a 25-30 hour per week contract position. The specialist will earn $2,500/month with the opportunity to join the team full-time with demonstrated success. Coordinators will earn 20% commission on direct sales and $150 per client for new wholesale relationships.
Submit your resume, as well as a short written statement OR video (preferred) sharing why you are passionate about Chippin’s mission and why you’re qualified for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about us at chippinpet.com.
More About Chippin:
Chippin is a woman-owned business reimagining the way we source proteins. We ditch the resource intensive options that cause allergies in our four-legged family members. Instead, we feature hypoallergenic, superfood proteins—cricket, spirulina, and silver carp (an overpopulated fish). With Chippin, pawrents can nourish their pups while restoring biodiversity.
Save the Earth. It’s the only planet with dogs!